Feanor's Music Thread

Great content. Keep it coming.

Shostakovich is amazing.

Can't fault Bach, merely my own dispreference of using (just) the organ. The instrument embraces this piece, however. Instruments that selfishly I prefer fall flat in comparison; listen to the difference for instance when played on the

Great content. Keep it coming.

Shostakovich is amazing.

Can't fault Bach, merely my own dispreference of using (just) the organ. The instrument embraces this piece, however. Instruments that selfishly I prefer fall flat in comparison; listen to the difference for instance when played on the

It doesn't work. The piece was written for a certain instrumentation. While any piece can be played on basically any instruments, it works far better on some then others.

It doesn't work. The piece was written for a certain instrumentation. While any piece can be played on basically any instruments, it works far better on some then others.

You are quite right. It's just that organs... yuck. Thanks to my religious upbringing I cannot quite stomach the sound.

You are quite right. It's just that organs... yuck. Thanks to my religious upbringing I cannot quite stomach the sound.

Amusing, but unfortunate. Personally I quite enjoy organs. In moderation, of course.

• 2 weeks later...

Frederick the Great, one of the enlightened despots, who sought to emulate Plato's philosopher-king, and Marcus Aurelius, was also a spectacular musician and composer, mostly for the flute.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
Haha yeah, it can be seen as nsfw:rolleyes:

What kind of work do you do? I believe I read once that you do some kind of security-ish work?

Yep, security.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

And a double post, because this is my thread after all. Chopin. A little less glorious, and epic, perhaps more tame, but a very interesting melody, curious in it's minor melody. Actually given some of the chords at towards the middle, I can't help but wonder how this would fare if it was instrumented by an orchestra instead of a solo piano.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw these guys at Roskilde Festival last year. They were incredible!!! The rhythms were fast and catchy and danceable - I'm sure you guys would dig this too

One of my pals managed to dig up a vinyl copy of their album for my birthday through Discogs too - one of the best pieces I got!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...